Technically, summer here in the Philippines is over and the rainy season is slowly starting to come. So I am tweaking today’s topic a bit and instead just list down my top ten “me” book TBR list. Every book blogger have to admit that it is hard to find time to read books we would really love to read because of so many to-review books we receive, and of course I should include our own personal priorities in our life. So in this list are the books I am planning in reading every “me” time I can find between to-review piles and school stuff. Some were recommendations from blogger friends, some were books that had good reviews from blogs that I follow, and some were from my mere curiosity.
List in random order.
– These two books were recommended by my friend Dre from Sporadic Reads. I can still remember her facial expression when she was pushing me to read If I Stay because of “so much feels”. And since the movie is coming out soon, I decided that I should really read this soon. In the case of Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, I have read her review and was convinced that I should give this a try too.
– Most of my blogger friends have read this very intriguing and interesting book, and since mystery books aren’t really my thing I am trusting their word that this is a very good book that will keep me excited.
– The show’s coming out soon, and I got curious.
– These were books recommended by another blogger friend, Amir from The Not So Literary Heiresses. The first one was a fluffy read and the other one was a paranormal book with a “hot” male character. Amir and I almost have the same taste in books and she has never, ever, failed me in every book she recommended.
– Dre, Aimee from Deadly Darlings, and I were supposed to buddy read this book last May, but because of unexpected slumps and bumps it was postponed. I wish we could continue this June, or if not, I hope I gain the courage to challenge myself and read this book.
-You know me, I love my contemporaries.
– The spine was so pretty, and I’ve already bought the whole set, and yes, curiosity.
So, those were my top ten “me” book TBRs! How about you? What are your top TBR this season? And I’m curious, how do you usually spend summer?